We all have that television show that strikes a personal chord and impacts our life profoundly. In fact, they are so significant that we can recall and tie episodes with specific dates. Some are mainstream chart toppers and others are unique to us and showed up at the perfect moment for us.
Here are my personal 8 Favorite Television Shows of All-Time in the order that I recall they affected me:
1. A-Team – Hannibal, Face, Murdock & BA Baracus were the group version of MacGyver and my action heroes! Well, except Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, of course.
2. The Cosby Show – Oh, the Huxtable family. Super funny and surprisingly, I learned some valuable life lessons.
3. Quantum Leap – Scott Bakula & Dean Stockwell were perfect. Even through the craziness that was my last couple years of highschool and first couple years in college, I made it a point to watch as many episodes as I could.
4. Star Trek: The Next Generation – This series showed up at the perfect time, right in between the first 3 Star Wars and the last 3 Star Wars movies. The character Jean Luc Picard was super cool and the actor Patrick Stewart was a favorite of mine. This was during the beginning of my career as an actor.
5. Friends – Didn’t actually get into this series until after it was over and was routinely playing on reruns.
6. Seinfeld – Also, got more involved with this series during the reruns. “The Contest” is quite possibly one of the funniest episodes that I have ever seen and is the reason I fell for this show.
7. Boston Legal – Such a quirky series, which is probably why I liked it so much. It showcased (to me) William Shatner and James Spader at their comedic best.
8. Law and Order: Criminal Intent (with Vincent D’Onorfrio) – Both this series and Boston Legal were the break I would take and reward I would give myself for working so hard that day. I was just starting out my business and worked on average 11 hours a day and this was a welcome diversion.
Bonus Show. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition – I think this series is an example of what is good and right in this world. Each episode would consistently bring tears of joy for the impact it had on not only the families it helped, but the people who provided the help. Great show!
Bonus Show 2. Dexter – The topic is gruesome, but my girlfriend and I just got hooked and couldn’t stop watching.
I’d love to hear what your top tv shows are….